Last night as we are getting ready for bed - Sophie runs to me saying she has a "wizard's tail" in her nose, luckily she was holding a plastic LIZARD in her hand or I wouldn't have believed her. So, upon closer inspection of the said lizard - I saw that the once pointy tail was now a blunt end. I promptly took her into the bathroom, found my ear and nose thingy (a light and magnifier that the dr. uses to check noses and ears - has completely paid for itself time and again!) Sure enough there was a lizard's tail longed in her left nostril.
Sophie remained calm - thankfully. I tried having her blow it out to no avail, even dunking her in a sink full of water. After several phone calls to friends and finally Dr. David, Rob's brother in Colorado - off to the e.r. she went. As you can see, we were shocked by the size of the tail piece, and now I wonder when I will get the true story of how the wizard's tail ended up in Sophie's nose!